BRIAN DA SILVA
4451 N.E. 53th Terrace
Lake Worth, Florida 33456
Tel: 561-55-2002 Cell: 561-555-4567
• SYSTEM DESIGN/ANALYST • PROGRAMMING •
Senior System Analyst and Database management Professional with more than 23 years of broad-base experience designing, developing, and implementing software systems. Special expertise with PeopleSoft program, as well as mainframe/UNIX and Client Server areas.
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of business procedures and practices, with demonstrated ability to design and write reports with SQR, Crystal, and Cobol. Substantial experience in supervision and training of personnel, and resourceful resolution of both technical and non technical problems.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
* Extensive and diversified Information. Technology experience.
* In-depth knowledge of database design concepts, as they relate to PeopleSoft, data organization, and storage.
* Substantial experience composing functional and technical documents, as well as testing specifications.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Capable of working independently or as part of a team effort
PeopleSoft: Tools 8.0 & 7.5 • Financial (A/P. A/R/Billing • GL • AM • Project Cost • Budget) • HR • Payroll • Process Scheduler • Applications Engine • PeopleCode • Object Security • Message Agent • EDI Manager • Data Migration • Upgrade Tool • Tree Manager • Query • SQR • Crystal
Database: Oracle 7, 8, 8i • Informix • SQL • DB2
Mainframe: (OS MVS): COBOL • COBOL II • CICS • SAS • REXX • MVS JCL • IBM Utilities • TSO • ISPF • CLIST • Panvalet • Changeman • VSAM • CA7
UNIX: Sun Solaris • Unix Shell Scripting
Testing Tools: Xpediter • Interest • TPNS • CEDF • SPUFI • QMF • Fileaid
PC Tools: MS Word • Excel • PowerPoint • Vision • Lotus • FTP • C/C++ • Java • SQLBASE UltraEdit • SQLLoader • SQLPlus • SQR • PeopleSoft (Financials, HRMS, Payroll) PeopleTools 6.0, 7.5, 8, 12 • Rational ClearQuest • DB2 Connect • Citrix Metaframe Windows 95/98/NT, 2000
FREELANCE, VARIOUS LOCATIONS 2000-2001
Capital One, Richmond, Va
* Full life-cycle implementation of PeopleSoft version 8—HR, Payroll and Benefits that included analysis, design, code, test, and implementation. Modified page and records, and customized processes by making peoplecode changes.
* Prepared detail design documents for the Employer Burden and America Express outbound interface files, including creation of new PeopleSoft record, pages, and process definitions and SQRs.
* Participate in functional and technical peer reviews, regarding performance enhancements.