JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Save the Children UK (SCUK) is a leading international NGO working to create a better world for children. Our programme in Indonesia includes response to emergencies/ disasters, both natural and man made and minimizing their impact upon affected children; child education; child protection; and child rights. Currently SCUK – Indonesia is seeking highly motivated, dedicated and experienced staff for the following positions :
Disaster Risk Reduction Coordinator NTT based in Atambua – 1 post (DRR-C-NTT)
The post holder will plan, develop, supervise, monitor and evaluate the implementation of DRR project activities in NTT to ensure effective implementation of the programme and its compliance with SCUK’s objectives. This position will be responsible for boosting SC emergency capabilities in DRR and Emergency Preparedness and Response, including capacity building of staff and stakeholders, as well as monitoring and evaluation of all DRR activities.
· Over all 5 years work experience of which at least 2-3 years in DRR and or emergencies or humanitarian response and management experience in an NGO at Senior Officer / Coordinator level
· Bachelor Degree in relevant social studies discipline, especially in management or related field. Masters Degree is preferable
· Knowledge of and experience in Disaster Risk Reduction work and/or Emergency Response and long term development Programme work from child rights perspective.
· Knowledge about project cycle management.
• Understanding of child protection issues and systems in Indonesia context, including issues related to primary education teaching methodologies, especially active learning
• Experience in or commitment to work in a conflict or post-conflict situation
• The personal circumstances to be able to travel for 90-100 days a year, including for up to 20 days at a time and work in remote and harsh areas
· Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation & communication skills
· Good spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English
· Ability to work with limited supervision and under pressure
· Computer skills (especially word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and publishing applications)
Please send application letter stating code of position applied for, and detailed CV to the email address listed below, at the latest by 8 June 2008. Only candidates with relevant background and experience will be short listed. Due to urgent need, candidates may be interviewed and position may be filled before the closing date
Human Resources Department
e-mail : hrd@savethechildren .or.id
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect SC UK’s commitment to protecting children from abuse.